Administrative Assistant Asset Services and Health, Safety and Environment
Gold Coast Airport is owned and operated by Queensland Airports Limited (QAL). QAL is an accomplished airport operator which owns and operates Gold Coast, Townsville, Longreach, and Mount Isa airports – connecting the Gold Coast and northern NSW, along with regional Queensland, to the rest of the country and beyond. We are an Australian-owned company with a vision to create valuable connections, inspire a sustainable future, and be the first-choice gateway for our regions – and a commitment to delivering for the communities where we operate. QAL is formally recognised as a ‘Great Place to Work – Certified’ organisation – currently the only airport operator in Australia with this certification. QAL is dedicated to a target of net zero Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions by 2030. With strong passenger numbers, terminal upgrades underway – there has never been a better time to join QAL.
What you’ll contribute to:
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Administrative Assistant to join the Gold Coast Airport as follows:
- Thursdays and Fridays initially from start of employment to Friday 19th April 2024
- Mondays to Fridays full time from Monday 22nd April 2024 to Friday 7th February 2025
The role provides administrative support to our Asset Services and Health, Safety and Environment teams.
Sarah, who joined our Gold Coast Airport (GCA) as an Administration in 2018 shares her unique experience working at GCA below:
“I joined GCA in the Assets and Environment team while looking for an Electrical apprenticeship to pursue my interest in Electrotechnology. Not only did I receive the opportunity to complete an electrical apprenticeship, I was also given training opportunities which resulted in me finding my current position within the team. In my role I assist across multiple teams with administration duties. I find my positive attitude and willingness to help sets me apart in my role.
GCA run many different innovative programs for employees who are wanting to learn and progress their career. GCA gives me the opportunity to work flexibly within a team that is both supportive and engaging. GCA gives me a workplace where I love coming to each morning”.
The ideal candidate will have great attention to detail, have excellent report writing skills, and be able to manage multiple priorities at once. Strong communication and team-work skills are required since this role will be shared with another person. No prior experience is required, recent graduates are welcome to apply for this position.
Key deliverables/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Process purchase orders and invoices using Finance One system as required
- Maintain an efficient and clear document management system and filing system for the Asset Services Department and Health, Safety and Environment Department
- Assist in the collation of Monthly Reports
- Proactive coordination and update of meeting action items
- Assist in supporting Asset Services and HSE teams in developing and formatting reports
- Data entry to the GCA Asset Management System (FiiX) as required
- Support both Asset Services and HSE teams in preparing for regulatory audits
- Assist in the maintenance of Rapid Global (contractor management software)
- Maintaining registers/databases (water, electricity, waste, petrol, diesel etc.)
- Provide support to cover the reception desk and duties as required
- Engage in a positive and collaborative manner with internal stakeholders
- Adhere to all relevant legislation, policies, and procedures
- Identify any WH&S issues and report using appropriate procedures
- Adhere to relevant aviation safety and security requirements
What we offer you?
This is an opportunity to be part of a progressive organisation with a great culture and assist in the transformation and growth of the business. Flexible working options are available for all employees. At QAL, we uphold the philosophy that the smooth integration of life and work benefits all. We call it ‘Living Well’.
QAL supports an inclusive approach and values diversity within the workplace. We aim to provide opportunities that allow individuals to reach their full potential regardless of their background, gender, age, work status, religious or cultural identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be required to adhere to QAL’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP, which includes pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing and have the ability to obtain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
Please obtain the Position Description clicking here