Aerodrome Operations Manager
North Queensland Airports (NQA) Group owns and manages Cairns & Mackay Airports which includes all airside and landside operations, terminals, car parking and associated land holdings. Cairns Airport is one of Australia’s leading regional airports, providing air links to a range of domestic and international locations.
Cairns Airport is proud to have been awarded Airport of the Year 2023.
This prestigious award is part of a wide-ranging recognition program that showcases the outstanding individuals and businesses positively shaping the growth and development of Australia’s aviation industry.
It is the gateway to World Heritage Great Barrier Reef and Tropical Rainforests of North Queensland and is just 7 kilometres from the Cairns CBD.
We have a vacancy for an experienced Aerodrome Operations Manager. This is a rare and unique opportunity to play an integral role in the NQA Group and to become part of the dynamic company responsible for the management and operations of Cairns and Mackay Airports.
The role of the Aerodrome Operations Manager is to primarily ensure compliance through the management of day-to-day legislative and regulatory obligations. In addition, the role provides leadership and direction to the Aerodrome Operations team and ensure operational efficiency of the aerodrome.
This role, as a subject matter expert, provides high level technical advice in aerodrome compliance and associated matters. It also plays a major part in relationship management and delivering effective communication on Airport. This role proactively works across all relevant industry sectors, participates in industry forums or committees, and updates management with relevant information.
An excellent attitude towards safety is essential. We emphasize that the ability to work in a team environment and be committed to supporting your colleagues, is unique to this role, as well as demonstrating the Values of Cairns Airport.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Diploma or degree qualifications in Aviation Operations Management or related discipline.
- 5 years’ experience in aviation safety management or compliance role relevant to major Airport.
- High level familiarity and understanding of relevant sections of ICAO, CASR’s, MOS Part 139.
- Sound knowledge (or the ability to rapidly acquire) safety and security requirements at a major airport and airport emergency procedures.
- Previous experience in leading and mentoring teams in a dynamic operational working environment.
- Ability to take control, accept responsibility and operate calmly in high pressure situations.
- High level interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organisational, time, task and priority management.
- Advocate for teamwork, collaboration and customer service.
Cairns Airport Employee Benefits:
- Work in Beautiful Tropical North Queensland
- Competitive Salary
- Inclusive team environment
- Unique career opportunity
- Free onsite airport car parking for both business and personal use
- Discount on retail F&B and speciality
- Flexible working options
- 2 Wellness Days per year
- Generous leave entitlements including: 3 weeks personal leave, 14 weeks parental leave.
- Mental health and well-being initiatives
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Cairns Airport is committed to achieving a diverse team that reflects the community in which we serve and creating an inclusive and respectful workplace for all employees. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.