Aerodrome Reporting Officer
Queensland Airports Limited (QAL) is an accomplished airport operator which owns and operates Gold Coast, Townsville, Longreach and Mount Isa airports – connecting the Gold Coast and northern NSW, along with regional Queensland, to the rest of the country and beyond. We are an Australian-owned company with a vision to create valuable connections, inspire a sustainable future, and be the first-choice gateway for our regions – and a commitment to delivering for the communities where we operate. QAL is formally recognised as a ‘Great Place to Work – Certified’ organisation – currently the only airport operator in Australia with this certification. QAL is dedicated to a target of net zero Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions by 2030. With strong passenger numbers, terminal upgrades underway – there has never been a better time to join QAL.
What you’ll contribute to:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a permanent part time (a minimum of 50 hours per fortnight) Aerodrome Reporting Officer (ARO) to join the team at Townsville Airport. This role is required to ensure safe, secure and efficient airside operations are maintained to a high standard, supporting all stakeholders and airline partners by maintaining aerodrome serviceability through the availability of airfield infrastructure and the management of impediments to aircraft operations such as wildlife and other hazards.
Wayne, who joined the Company as an Aerodrome Reporting Officer in early 2021 shares his unique experience of working with Townville Airport:
“I joined QAL because of the work colleagues that I met when I worked at Swissport. The QAL team members were always saying how great the TAPL work culture was and they thought I would fit in well with the team. I have found this to be very true. I felt welcomed even before I started and have never had the feeling that I wasn’t up to scratch and have always been given the tools I needed to tackle a problem. From day one the training and development I have received has done nothing but build up my problem-solving skills and confidence.”
Key Deliverables/responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the safe and secure operation of the airside environment in accordance with relevant regulations and company SOPs.
- Monitor and control access points to the airside.
- Implement the requirements of the Wildlife Hazard Management Plan (WHMP) and record identified hazards in Aviation Hazard & Incident Register.
- Be available as the first point of contact for communication with the Townsville Airport, reports to be followed up as required.
- Adhere to the locations Environmental Management System (EMS) as relevant to your work activities
Key capabilities required to perform position:
- Experience in providing a high range of emergency, security and safety services advantageous
- Experience in a highly regulated environment
- Good written and verbal skills
- Good problem solving, decision making and negotiation skills
- Ability to gain the appropriate licenses & certificates for this role
- Must be able to perform required physical and psychological demands of the role, including required visual acuity
- Ability to comply with the airport’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP).
- Has (or ability to gain) Firearms License, Aeronautical Radio Operators Certificate & QLD Driver’s License.
What we offer you?
This is an opportunity to be part of a progressive organisation with a great culture and assist in the transformation and growth of the business. Flexible working options are available for all employees. At QAL, we uphold the philosophy that the smooth integration of life and work benefits all. We call it ‘Living Well’.
QAL supports an inclusive approach and values diversity within the workplace. We aim to provide opportunities that allow individuals to reach their full potential regardless of their background, gender, age, work status, religious or cultural identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be required to adhere to QAL’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP, which includes pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing and have the ability to obtain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
Please obtain the Position Description by clicking here.