Aerodrome Reporting Officer/ Aircraft Refueller
Melbourne Avalon Airport is a key gateway to Victoria. Part of the Linfox Group, the airport provides a critical aviation function as Melbourne and Victoria’s second international airport and is emerging as a significant commercial, logistics and manufacturing property portfolio.
Avalon Airport Australia is looking for an experienced and motivated Aerodrome Reporting Officer (ARO) or Aircraft Refueller to join the Airport Operations team. The role will require someone that’s able to work independently and as part of a team. The successful applicant will be expected to be qualified in either an ARO or aviation refuelling skill set. Some of the responsibilities have been outlined below.
What you will do:
- Conduct aerodrome serviceability inspections.
- Escorting of contractors, visitors, and other persons with operational requirements in secure airside areas.
- Monitor, report on and act as a works safety officer for works conducted airside.
- Issue, amend and monitor Notice to Airmen (NOTAM).
- Aerodrome maintenance
- Conduct ASIC and VIC inspections of persons airside.
- Facilitate the safe and efficient operations of aircraft movements.
- Conduct routine pre-start and quality control checks as per JIG standards.
- Refueling of various types of aircraft.
- Fuel tanker loading.
- Conducting routine maintenance as required.
- Complete associated documentation
What you will bring:
- Valid HR drivers’ license.
- Knowledge of MOS 139 and Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR)
- Aerodrome Reporting Officer (ARO) qualification.
- Mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Medium level mathematic skills for stock level and weight conversion calculations.
- You will be a people person with a ‘can do’ attitude who is passionate, energetic and shows initiative.
- Good time management, planning and prioritising skills.
- A sound ability in problem solving and decision making.
- Good written and verbal skills
- Strong attention to detail and a willingness and ability to learn.
- Proactive approach and contribution towards maintaining a high-quality safety culture.
- Good computer literacy including Microsoft suite of applications.
- Ability to work outdoors in varied weather environments.
- Ability to work early mornings, evenings, nights, weekends, public holidays as part of a roster.
Nice to have:
- Valid Dangerous Goods license.
- Aeronautical Radio Operators Certificate (AROC).
What we are offering in return:
- Turn your passion for aviation into a career.
- Be part of an inclusive, supportive team environment
- Ongoing training and support
- Career development and growth
With the aviation industry continuing to recover and grow, now is the perfect time to become part of our experienced and expanding champion team, we would love to hear from you!
Avalon Airport Australia is an employer of equal opportunity and encourages and values diversity and inclusion.
Avalon Airport Australia share the Linfox values of Loyalty, Integrity, Fairness and Trust are the foundation of our culture and the way we do business. More than just posters on walls, our values are guiding principles that shape who we are, what we stand for and how we behave.
Please note that all potential Avalon Airport Australia team members will be required to meet Linfox’s employment criteria which will include but not be limited to a criminal history check and full medical with a drug and alcohol test and obtaining an Aviation Security Identity Card (ASIC).