Aerodrome Reporting Officer / Works Safety Officer
Avisure is a consultancy that has supported the aviation industry with specialist wildlife and operations expertise for over 25 years. We are regarded as the industry leaders in the field of wildlife strike mitigation. We have worked at more than 70 national, international and military airports since 1996. Our consulting services help our clients to reduce wildlife hazards with comprehensive risk management strategies, staff training and ongoing management programs.
We also provide our clients Aerodrome Reporting Officers and Works Safety Officers (ARO/WSOs) to carry out aerodrome works in accordance with the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR Part 139, MOS 139 and AC139), Australian and ICAO principles.
Making a difference drives our enthusiasm to deliver quality in everything we do. Our focus is growing long-term relationships with our clients by ensuring quality delivery.
Our Head Office is based in Burleigh Heads Gold Coast, with a branch in Adelaide, Melbourne and Perth.
About the role
Avisure is offering the opportunity of an experienced ARO / WSO to join the Adelaide team. This role will be primarily based at a certified aerodrome north of Adelaide with the requirement to travel to other aerodromes within South Australia and interstate from time-to-time. Some of these aerodromes will be in remote and regional areas. This role may include after hours and weekend work, therefore flexibility with availability is important.
Duties and responsibilities in this role will be diverse and there will be a mixture of working independently and as part of a larger team.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Conduct occasional aerodrome serviceability inspections,
- Identify and report unserviceability and non-conformances,
- Conduct wildlife monitoring and dispersal,
- Escort contractors and visitors for airside construction projects,
- Assist with drafting of NOTAMs,
- Understanding of aerodrome manuals, management plans and MOWPs,
- Promote and encourage aerodrome safety,
- Maintain a high level of situational awareness,
- Keen to learn new things and develop environmental and wildlife knowledge.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be an Australian Citizen,
- Have knowledge of MoS139 and CASR,
- Have ARO / WSO qualification,
- Have Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate,
- Be able to obtain Federal Police Clearance,
- Be able to obtain Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC),
- Be able to obtain fitness to work check drug and alcohol testing,
- Be able to obtain security clearance by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency,
- Ideally, be comfortable with working with firearm and able to obtain firearms licence.
Overall, the following skills and attributes would be highly regarded:
- Previous ARO/WSO experience,
- Possess an ASIC,
- Recent First Aid and CPR qualification,
- South Australian firearms licence.
We value our team and have developed an Employee Benefits Program to support, empower and reward our people.
Here are some benefits we offer:
- Time off to support blood donations
- Annual skin checks
- Employee Assistance Program
- Annual company summit
Avisure encourages and values diversity and inclusion in the workplace as we are an Equal Employment Opportunities employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If you are a passionate ARO/WSO with a ‘can-do’ attitude who is looking for a supportive and optimistic team, we want to hear from you!
Remuneration will be discussed in person during our recruitment process.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a brief cover letter addressing how your experience aligns with our opportunity by the 30th of November 2022.
Please note that due to our high volume of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest in this opportunity with Avisure.