Airport Facilities Coordinator
Who is QAL?
Townsville Airport is owned and operated by Queensland Airports Limited (QAL). QAL is an accomplished airport operator that owns and operates Gold Coast, Townsville, Longreach, and Mount Isa airports. We welcomed about 6.3 million passengers in FY20, connecting the Gold Coast and northern NSW, along with regional Queensland, to the rest of the country and beyond. An Australian-owned company, we are committed to delivering for the communities where we operate. Our vision is to engage customers, connect communities and deliver exceptional experiences.
What you’ll contribute to
An exciting opportunity has recently become available for an Airport Facilities Coordinator to join the team at Townsville Airport.
The Airport Facilities Coordinator is responsible for the control and maintenance of airport assets, including identification of requirements for capital works. This role is also responsible for efficiently managing and coordinating internal and external resources to deliver high-quality, cost-effective repair and maintenance services for the regional airports.
Riley initially joined our Gold Coast Airport (GCA) as an intern, achieved employment as a Gold Coast Airport Works Safety Officer in early 2021 and is currently working in a step-up role in Aviation. Riley also has expanded to take on a second casual role (under our Enterprise Agreement) as a Terminal Systems and Maintenance Officer working with the Asset Services team.
Riley shares his unique experience working with GCA.
“My interest in Aviation led me to study Aviation Management, and after a successful internship with GCA I wanted to join the organisation on a more permanent basis. I joined GCA as I wanted to continue working alongside people who are genuinely passionate about their work and ensuring a great experience and outcomes for both customers and stakeholders.
GCA strives to promote a culture of inclusivity, transparency, and collaboration, where regardless of your position within the organisation, you are treated as a valued member of the team.
The opportunities for professional development I’ve received whilst working at GCA have been outstanding. GCA has provided me with comprehensive on-the-job training, access to a variety of professional development platforms and the opportunity to learn new skills by working in a variety of roles across the organisation through an alternate engagement position.
My contribution to the GCA team is as both a Works Safety Officer (WSO) and Terminal Systems and Maintenance Officer at Gold Coast Airport. As a Works Safety Officer, I represent Gold Coast Airport as a frontline overseer of aerodrome works and projects by ensuring regulatory compliance, operational safety, and efficiency. As a Terminal Systems and Maintenance Officer, my primary role involves ensuring the airport’s baggage handling belt system is operating in an effective and efficient manner in addition to assisting in daily maintenance activities.”
We are looking for a hands-on, practical, conscientious, and motivated individual with an interest in maintenance. A trade certificate or project management qualification would be highly regarded.
You will be responsible for working on our small team of Facilities Coordinators and General Hands and supporting the Maintenance Operations Manager to achieve asset management goals.
An understanding of the logistics of airport maintenance activities, the ability to work effectively respecting safety, operational and security constraints and strong computer skills are key elements to this role.
For experienced applicants with similar roles in aviation, or other relevant commercial/industrial maintenance organisations, this role is an opportunity to bring your skills and experience to the team.
Key Deliverables/responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain the asset register and maintenance schedules within the Asset Management System.
- Develop strong understanding of all asset systems and maintenance requirements.
- Develop and implement contracted services agreements for key asset systems, with the direction of the TAPL management team.
- Manage workload given to internal maintenance employees and external maintenance resources.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the asset management program as determined by Queensland Airports Limited project managers.
- Produce regular reports to demonstrate required safety standards and levels of service and efficiency are achieved.
- In consultation with Maintenance Operations Manager, allocate and prioritise maintenance tasks to internal maintenance team and/or contractors.
- Develop scope of work for internal maintenance team and/or contractors.
- Improve the utilisation of the Finance System (Technology One) and the Computerised Maintenance Management System (Fiix).
- Identify and communicate to Manager strategies to improve profitability of the Airports assets.
- In association with Manager, implement systematic and effective cost control processes for both capital development and operation of the Airports facilities.
- Build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of others including the implementation of risk control measures within your control to prevent injuries or illnesses.
What we offer you?
This is an opportunity to be part of a progressive organisation with a great culture and assist in the transformation and growth of the business. Flexible working options are available for all employees. At QAL, we uphold the philosophy that the smooth integration of life and work benefits all. We call it Living Well.
If you are interested in this role and would like to explore in more detail the key responsibilities, please obtain the role description at: https://www.qldairports.com.au/careers/home
QAL supports an inclusive approach and values diversity within the workplace. We aim to provide opportunities that allow individuals to reach their full potential regardless of their background, gender, age, work status, religious or cultural identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply
The successful candidate will be required to adhere to QAL’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP, which includes pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing and have the ability to obtain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
Please obtain the Position Description by copying this location into your browser: https://qal.elmotalent.com.au/careers/QALcareers/jobs