Airport Operations Manager – Latrobe Regional Airport
Morwell, Latrobe City Council
Listed on 27 October 2022
Airport Operations Manager – Latrobe Regional Airport Permanent, Full Time Location: Morwell, Latrobe City $111892. 56 and 10% super Department: Investment and Transition Go Further, Right Here at Latrobe City Council A career with LCC starts with a desire to go further. Here, you'll really care about empowering our Community. You'll get stuck into interesting and important work, and you'll love seeing your impact, right in front of you. You'll grow faster too. The Role As the Airport Operations Manager - Latrobe Regional Airport, you'll be responsible for the effective operation of Latrobe Regional Airport and developing the Airport as a leading, community owned business which provides employment opportunities, transport, emergency services and recreational activities for Latrobe City residents and the wider Gippsland region. You'll work with the wider Investment and Transition and Business Development teams to promote, and market the Airport to potential users, tenants and other stakeholders while contributing to delivering Council's vision for our city's future. In this role, you'll: Empower a whole community... whatever the weather In this role, you'll have the chance to directly influence and contribute to our region's sustainable growth and liveability through raising the profile of our airport as a key transport and recreation hub for the Gippsland Region. Experience variety... and a true learning culture Working for Latrobe City Council means growing and learning in a diverse environment and spearheading a number of challenging projects in a complex and challenging environment. We believe in building our skills, which is why we offer regular training and development opportunities, study assistance and a dedicated Leadership Development Program. Care more, achieve more... and change minds Your dedication and professional experience will drive you to strive for the best outcomes for our community. And the difference you make will be your reward! Find your people, and your place We move as a team, which means we work hard together to achieve our goals.. Here, you'll be encouraged to lead from the front - but never alone. And along the way, enjoy flexible working options, including a 19-day month and Working from Home arrangements. You'll need:
- Tertiary qualifications in business, management or regional development; or equivalent extensive experience in both operational areas and management.
- Hold a current Airport Reporting Officer certificate or be willing to obtain one within an agreed timeframe.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic business management and leadership. Understanding of the management of publicly owned business enterprise and the relationship between public business and the owning level of government.
- Successful applicants will be required to apply for and satisfactorily obtain a National Police Check and Working with Children Check.
- Mandatory COVID 19 vaccinations in line with State Government directions