Airbiz is an international consultancy which provided strategic and planning advice to airports, airlines, design/construct firms, governments, and airport investors. We have offices in Australia, Canada, the USA, the United Kingdom and New Zealand. Our team consists of airport and terminal planners, business analysts, aviation marketing specialists, project facilitators, modelling and simulation experts and creative strategists. We are renowned for our lateral thinking, which results in innovative and cost-effective outcomes. We have completed more than 2,500 projects in over fifty countries world-wide.
We are currently seeking an Airport Planner and will consider applications from both graduates and experienced candidates. The position is for a qualified and enthusiastic candidate with CAD design skills and an airport, engineering or architectural background to join our team in planning airport, airside and terminal infrastructure. Experience with AutoCAD is preferred, and skills in excel, writing and presentation are highly desirable.
The ideal candidate:
- Has relevant tertiary qualifications i.e. airport planning, engineering, architecture, or transport
- Has AutoCAD/MicroStation expertise in a design role
- Is self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision, accountable and willing to take on responsibilities within a team environment.
- Can demonstrate commitment and ability to provide quality work and meet agreed deadlines.
- Has excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Has exemplary time management, organisational skills to prioritise work and coordinate tight deadlines.
- Has strong research skills and ability to collate and concisely communicate key findings in written reports, slide decks, and in-person meeting formats.
- Has the ability to participate in and contribute to meetings to develop and implement successful project solutions by helping to prepare materials, supporting schedule coordination, and developing meeting minutes and summaries.
The ideal candidate could also have:
- Experience in CAD 3D (i.e. Autodesk design suite – Infraworks, Revit, Civil 3D)
- Working knowledge of graphic tools such as MSOffice, Adobe CS, and 3D software such as Sketch-up
- Experience in airside planning at airports (airfield and aprons)
- Experience in terminal planning at airports
- Experience in spatial requirements, airfield geometric layouts, and applying standards to airport/terminal planning.
- Experience working in a project-based environment with teams and/or stakeholders
Location & Compensation
- This position is to be based in Abbotsford, Melbourne office.
- Periodic business travel may be required.
- We compensate competitively, commensurate with experience and qualifications and provide a benefits package, annual salary bonus, and flexible work arrangements.
Mentorship and Professional Development
- We are committed to helping you grow as part of a team and will work with you to develop a professional development and mentorship plan.
- As a small firm, we offer a unique opportunity to work directly with senior staff, including principals and senior managers, for meaningful career development and learning outcomes.
Your application, CV and portfolio should be sent to email@example.com with the words “Airport Planner – MEL” in the subject line. Your application should address how you meet the essential requirements and any of the desirable requirements of the position.
Airbiz is an equal opportunity employer which welcomes diverse, and inclusive workplaces.
We encourage First Nations people to apply.
Only applications from individuals with the right to work permanently in Australia will be considered for this position.