Airport Reporting and Maintenance Officer
Airport Reporting and Maintenance Officer OR Airport Maintenance Officer Casual positions We are seeking applications to join our Airport team in the position of Casual Airport Reporting and Maintenance Officer OR Airport Maintenance Officer. We are looking for suitably qualified candidates to undertake the duties of an Airport Reporting and Maintenance Officer. Alternatively we are interested in hearing from candidates who are able to fulfil the requirements of an Airport Maintenance Officer only, with the potential to progress to ARO level. Dependant of level, duties include but are not limited to the following;
- Ensure compliance with Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA), AirServices Australia, Department of Infrastructure and Transport (OTS), Department of Transport, Department of Environment and Conservation and the Environment Protection Authority (EPA) and other authorities' regulations and requirements.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly inspections in accordance with CASA regulations and as required by the City.
- Undertake and maintain the serviceability, safety and operational checklists.
- Perform security inspections and maintain airport security in accordance with regulations.
- Undertake aerodrome wildlife management surveys as required in accordance with the BMRA Wildlife and Hazard Management Plan.
- Effective written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong commitment to customer service (internal and external).
- Computer literacy skills including word processing, spreadsheets and data entry.
- Flexibility in working hours - subject to call-outs.
- Ability to hold an Aviation Security Identity Card and a National Police clearance.
- Willingness to undertake pre-employment drug and alcohol screening in accordance with CASA regulations and Council’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP).