Airport Reporting Officer
The Gove Airport is situated in the enchantingly beautiful and sparsely populated East Arnhem Land in the Northern Territory (NT) where the rich Indigenous culture intertwines with Australia’s most breathtaking landscapes. From the vibrant hues of red bauxite soils to the pristine white sand coastlines, this is a place like no other. Imagine an environment where your daily activities can include fishing, boating, camping and immersive explorations through diverse vegetation and landscapes, all conveniently accessible right outside your door.
About the Airport
The Gove Airport is only 13km from Nhulunbuy and is the main air hub for the East Arnhem region, it facilitates direct flights daily from Darwin and Cairns operated by Air North. Careflight, and charters also operate from the Airport, along with locally operated helicopters & light aircraft.
At Nhulunbuy Corporation Limited (NCL) we are proud to offer you more than just a job; we provide an extraordinary work-life balance that enables you to embrace the natural wonders of this region.
About the position
The Nhulunbuy Corporation (Gove Airport) is seeking a professional, positive and engaged individual to join our small Airport team.
The main focus of the Airport Reporting Officer is to contribute to the safe and secure operation of the Airport though inspecting, reporting and monitoring the condition of the airside as well as carrying out the day-to-day maintenance of the Airport grounds and buildings.
This is a role where safety and responsibility is paramount and where multitasking is a must.
You will be part of a team dedicated to the safety and security of the travelling public in a fulfilling and unique working environment.
Duties include, but are not limited to in an operational capacity, assist with the efficient and compliant operation and maintenance of the airport facilities, which will include, among other things:
- Performing daily inspections of runways, taxiways, aprons , airfield lighting and aerodrome grounds in accordance with Part 139 (Aerodrome) Manual Of Standards and the Gove Aerodrome Manual.
- Carrying out allocated works programs and undertaking minor repairs of airside services and facilities as per Manual of Standards (MOS) 139 and Aerodrome Manual.
- Supervising aerodrome remedial works (Works Safety Officer)
- Wildlife management and control.
- Maintaining the terminal and airside security control in accordance with the Gove Airport Transport Security Program (TSP). Including managing airside access, escorts and issuing of Visitor Identification Cards (VIC).
- Responding to emergency and security situations, accidents and participate in exercises in line with Aerodrome Emergency Plan (AEP).
- Undertake maintenance and cleaning of the Aerodrome grounds, buildings and infrastructure ensuring that it is operated and maintained to the highest levels expected of the facility
The full package (including housing, Super, Remote Area Travel Allowance and penalties) will be between $130,000 – $140,000 (depending on experience) per annum.
We are looking for an individual who shares a passion for our Guiding Cause:
We aspire to create an airport that reflects the heart & soul of our unique tropical region,
where through service to others we enhance the lives of those who call East Arnhem Land home
so that together dreams flourish and a brighter future is created for all.
If you share the vision of being part of a dedicated, hardworking but fun team and can demonstrate the skills below and meet the selection criteria in the position description, we welcome your application.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum C Class Drivers Licence (or higher);
- Able to hold an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC);
- Successfully pass pre-employment and subsequent Drug and Alcohol tests;
- Basic ground maintenance and minor plant operation experience;
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft suite of software, iPhone & iPad operating systems, and ability to learn aviation software usage;
- Ability to work in an office and outdoor environment; be comfortable working outdoors unsupervised in all weather conditions;
- Adequate communication skills (spoken and written)
- Aerodrome Reporting Officer Certificate (from an approved authority);
- Minimum of 1 year experience as ARO;
- Sound knowledge & understanding of Aerodrome operations and procedures;
- Aircraft Radio Telephone Operator Certificate of Proficiency (AROC);
You will be required to work a 76 hour fortnight on a work/life balance roster including some weekend/public holiday work and inclusion on the 24/7 On Call roster.
** Untrained applicants will be considered, with full training provided to the right applicant.
Working for Nhulunbuy Corporation
Working with us means you will also enjoy:
- Competitive salary package
- Additional Annual leave (5 weeks) plus 20% Leave Loading
- Heavily subsidised housing and utilities
- Annual Remote Area Travel Allowance
- Work/life balance roster
- Discounted membership to the Nhulunbuy Pool
- Employer Matched Superannuation options up to 15%
- Airport branded work clothing
- Opportunities for professional development and training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Living in a pristine environment amongst a thriving community
How to Apply
If you are ready to be part of our close knit, supportive talented Airport team to build your future with an organisation that is dedicated to the success of our team, our company, and those we serve please click through to our website HERE for a copy of the full Position Description or contact Heidi Yates, Manager Aviation & Compliance on 0448 863 903 for a confidential discussion.
To be considered for this role, you will need to submit a cover letter outlining your interest in the position and your ability to meet the Selection Criteria and a current resume with two referees.
The successful applicant will hold or have the ability to hold a Red Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) and complete a pre-employment medical with drugs and alcohol screening.
Applicants for this position must be legally entitled to work in Australia and will be required to provide evidence of this entitlement. Acceptable evidence includes an Australian or New Zealand passport, birth certificate, or foreign passport with a relevant visa.