Airport Safety Officer
Required for an immediate start, Mackay Airport is seeking a qualified team member to join the Aviation Operations team as Airport Safety Officer (Airport Reporting Officer / Works Safety Officer).
This is a Permanent Part Time role, for up to 30 hours per week.
Training will be offered on a full time basis initially, to ensure the successful applicant is competent and confident in the position, before transitioning to the roster on a part time basis.
The Airport Safety Team operate on a rotational 24/7 day a week shift basis. You will be required to work varying hours both day and night shifts, which includes being available for emergency call outs. This position will assist with rostering and annual leave relief requirements for the Safety Officer team. You must be able to work autonomously and as part of a small team.
This position is responsible for ensuring CASA compliance, airport safety procedures, operational standards, and environmental guidelines are maintained.
Previous airport / airline experience or knowledge of airport operations, security, and safety regulated environments is preferred.
Applicants with experience with aerodrome standards, any Airport Operations accreditation, will be highly regarded.
The successful applicant will have, or the ability to obtain:
- An Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC), current drivers licence and ability to obtain Authority to Drive Airside (ADA), CASA Aircraft Radio telephone Operator Certificate of Proficiency (AROC) and a Firearms Licence;
- A good understanding and working knowledge of airport operations activities and regulatory requirements, such as: aircraft operations, contractor works supervision, obstacle control, bird and wildlife management, airside vehicle control, emergency response, airport serviceability inspections and reporting functions;
- A thorough knowledge of aerodrome standards and requirements as detailed in the Airport Operations Manual and MOS Part 139.
- An Aerodrome Reporting and Works Safety Officer certificate.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification (desirable).
Well developed communication and comprehension skills along with the proven ability to liaise with, and maintain effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders is essential in this role.
The ability to think clearly and perform duties in emergency or pressure situation is essential.
This position offers a competitive wage rate with applicable allowances and penalties, flexible working conditions, and training & development opportunities.
Mackay Airport is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Prior to commencement, the successful candidate will be asked to undertake, drug & alcohol test; and also a Federal Police clearance will be performed as part of the requirements to hold an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) in this role. The successful applicant must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will also be asked to provide evidence of COVID19 vaccination prior to commencement.
Please refer to our Position Description https://www.mackayairport.com.au/assets/Uploads/MKY-Position-Description-Airport-Safety-Officer-June-2021.pdf for the full requirements relating to Accountabilities, Qualifications, skills and experience.
To apply for the position please email your covering letter & CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 4 March 2022