Airside Grounds Team Member
Canberra Airport’s goal is a simple but ambitious one – to be the best small airport in the world.
With a stunning, modern terminal, thriving business precincts and daily international flights, Canberra’s world-class airport is well on the way to achieving this goal.
Main Duties: As a Grounds Team Member, your primary responsibility will be to maintain the presentation of our grounds and their surroundings to uphold the values of Canberra Airport. Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Lawn and grounds maintenance, including mowing, edging, weeding, and fertilising
- Landscape maintenance, encompassing tree and garden care, pruning, pesticide application, horticultural activities, and more
- Landscape construction, involving the installation of various landscape features.
- General repairs, maintenance, and cleaning tasks related to the precinct, buildings, and equipment
- Keeping all areas clean, swept, dusted, and free of rubbish
- Waste removal.
- Coordinating visitor and contractor access to the buildings and precinct.
- Ensuring the security of the precinct and its assets.
- Reporting faults, failures, and safety issues
- Assisting with any other duties as directed by supervisors
- Working airside with radio communication with the control tower
- Ad-hoc duties as reasonably directed by management
Requirements: To be considered for this position, candidates must have the following qualifications (or have the ability to obtain them within 6 months of commencement):
- ASIC (Aviation Security Identification Card)
- Vaild Driver’s Licence (C Class)
- Chemical Certificate.
- Industrial White Card
- Asbestos Awareness Certificate
- Truck licence (desirable).
- This position may involve changes to working hours based on operational requirements.
- The successful candidate may be required to work at alternate sites and precincts within the business.
- Free onsite car parking
- Fully subsidised income protection, annual health checks, and flu shots
- Childcare subsidies when utilising onsite facilities
- Discounted gym memberships and rates at selected hotels
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information:
Please email email@example.com with any questions or if you’d like a copy of the job description.