Aviation Business Development Manager
Queensland Airports Limited (QAL) is an accomplished airport operator which owns and operates Gold Coast, Townsville, Longreach and Mount Isa airports – connecting the Gold Coast and northern NSW, along with regional Queensland, to the rest of the country and beyond. We are an Australian-owned company with a vision to engage customers, connect communities and deliver exceptional experiences – and a commitment to delivering for the communities where we operate. QAL is formally recognised as a ‘Great Place to Work – Certified’ organisation – currently the only airport operator in Australia with this certification. QAL is dedicated to a target of net zero Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions by 2030. With strong passenger numbers, terminal upgrades underway – there has never been a better time to join QAL.
What you’ll contribute to:
Reporting to the General Manager Aviation Business Development, the Aviation Business Development Manager is responsible for implementing QAL’s aviation strategies to grow international and domestic commercial outcomes for QAL airports through strong relationships with airlines, tourism, trade and government representatives.
Myf joined Queensland Airports Limited (QAL) in early 2019 as a Marketing Manager. Myf shares her unique experience working with QAL below:
I love working for QAL because airports are a dynamic and exciting environment to work within. We have the fortune of sending locals off on holidays, and welcoming visitors into our vibrant regions. Queensland Airports fosters a culture of fun, creativity and teamwork, and is the perfect backdrop for building and nurturing invaluable relationships.
As the Marketing Manager, I am recognised for my hard work and feel well supported within my immediate team, and across the wider business. The work we do is different every day and I have the autonomy to bring new ideas to the forefront and lead key projects. I am incredibly proud to be a member of this progressive and talented team!
Key Capabilities required to perform the position:
- Strong direct experience in aviation or airline strategy, network planning or route development through recent experience working within an airline in this capacity (essential)
- Long-term ability to travel frequently, both domestic and international (essential)
- Ability to collaborate with and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce, Tourism, Economics or related
- Language skills in Mandarin, Japanese or Korean advantageous, but not necessary
Key deliverables/responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Continuously drive and adjust the strategic direction for the Aviation Business Development team
- Build credible business cases and present these to current and future airline partners to retain and grow capacity for both passenger and freight outcomes
- Build strong relationships and work in partnership with regional/state/national/international tourism organisations, councils, government agencies, businesses and other stakeholders to influence beneficial aviation business development
- Using Aviation Business Development software systems and applications for QAL’s strategic growth objectives, providing updates for forecasting and specific markets for marketing stimulation
What we offer you?
This is an opportunity to be part of a progressive organisation with a great culture and assist in the transformation and growth of the business. Flexible working options are available for all employees. At QAL, we uphold the philosophy that the smooth integration of life and work benefits all. We call it ‘Living Well’.
QAL supports an inclusive approach and values diversity within the workplace. We aim to provide opportunities that allow individuals to reach their full potential regardless of their background, gender, age, work status, religious or cultural identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be required to adhere to QAL’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP, which includes pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing and have the ability to obtain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).