Aviation Compliance Officer
Maranoa Regional Council is dedicated to implement new and innovative ways of improving services to our communities and have recently restructured our organisation. Five new Local Area Director positions have been introduced to improve services and outcomes for our communities.
To contribute to the efficient operation of Maranoa’s airports by providing customer, administration and operational services to Airport stakeholders including (but not limited to):
- Corporate partners
- Aviation regulatory bodies
- User groups
Undertake compliance related activities to ensure a high standard of service delivery and conformance with legislative and regulatory obligations.
- Collate required infomation and prepare the Aircraft Parking Report on a monthly basis.
- Maintain airport data to contribute to monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Issue new / duplicate car parking cards and maintain related reports and documentation.
- Maintain aeromedical information and data to contribute to quarterly reports.
- Monitor and record weekly Aerodrome Landing Area inspection reports.
- Maintain a register of Notice to Airmen (NOTAMs) in accordance with established processes and legislative obligations.
- Maintain the Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP) register, record certificates and prepare required reports.
- Update the Wildlife Register with information and data provided by the Airport Reporting Officers.
- Monitoring Council resolution action items and prepare correspondence, reports and information for review by the Manager
- Research and collate information for inclusion of Council’s insurance questionnaire.
- Assist with the collation of information and statistical data for Council’s corporate reporting (e.g. quarterly operational and budget progress reports and annual report)
- Monitor and process ingoing and outgoing mail
- Maintain the Airport Lease Register
- Issue new or replacement security swipe cards and complete all associated documentation in accordance with established procedures.
Compliance and Auditing
- Conduct system audits and inspections and maintain operational documents and registers including (but not limited to):
- Prestart checklists
- Plant Defect Reports
- Hazard Identification Reports
- Vehicle Incident Reports
- Firearms Register
- Wildlife monitoring
- Airport serviceability inspections
- Notice to Airmen (NOTAMS)
- ATSB Incident Reporting
- Airport Safety Management System Reporting
- Airport Reporting Officer (ARO) Logs
- Ammunition audit and reports
- Air-conditioning system inspections and reporting
- Generator test reports
- PAPI inspection reports
- RWY lights clean and inspection reports
- Service provider reports
- Planner updates
- Airport compliance register
- Perform Aerodrome Induction Processes for Airport staff and stakeholders required to conduct works in Security Sensitive Areas (SSA).
- Review and amend required compliance manuals and submit to manager for approval.
- Perform testing and issuing of Airside Driver Authority licenses in accordance with Roma airports Airside Drivers Handbook and Council’s Safety Management System.
- Assist in managing and maintaining the Airside Vehicle Access Control system.
- Conduct regular audits on security swipe cards and report anomalies
- Actively promote the need to maintain a safe working environment through compliance with Council Integrated Maranoa Management System (IMMS), workplace health and safety legislation including the CASA compliant Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP).
- Participate in annual emergency exercises and desktop
- Raise purchase orders for delayed car parking and issue invoices in accordance with Council’s policies and procedures.
- Provide information relating to invoices issued to airport customers and/or facility users.
- Update goods receipt advice and approve payments within approved financial delegations.
- Collect, process and bank monies collected from car park pay stations.
- Monitor consumable item levels and reorder / restock (e.g. stationery, staffroom supplies etc) as required in accordance with Council’s Procurement Policy.
- Provide written advice to stakeholders on changes to Airport fees and charges.
- Monitor and prepare monthly financial reports.
- Provide professional and efficient telephone and in person support to internal and external Council customers in accordance with Council’s Customer Service Charter.
- Maintain and action customer requests within Council’s customer request system, ensuring records are accurately updated and include relevant documents and correspondence
- Accurately process customer payments and maintain records within Council’s financial management system (Authority) in accordance with policies and procedures.
Relief Aerodrome Reporting Officer (ARO)
As directed by the Manager – Airports (Roma and Regional Compliance), perform the following tasks as an Aerodrome Reporting Officer (ARO):
- Conduct routine inspections of the critical areas of the airfield to ensure runways, aircraft movement areas and airport infrastructure is safe for use.
- Report the condition of runways, navigational equipment, and facilities.
- Interpret relevant legislation and implement measures to ensure compliance is achieved.