Queensland Airports Limited (QAL) is an accomplished airport operator which owns and operates Gold Coast, Townsville, Longreach and Mount Isa airports – connecting the Gold Coast and northern NSW, along with regional Queensland, to the rest of the country and beyond. We are an Australian-owned company with a vision to create valuable connections, inspire a sustainable future, and be the first-choice gateway for our regions – and a commitment to delivering for the communities where we operate. QAL is formally recognised as a ‘Great Place to Work – Certified’ organisation – currently the only airport operator in Australia with this certification. QAL is dedicated to a target of net zero Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions by 2030. With strong passenger numbers, terminal upgrades underway – there has never been a better time to join QAL.
What you’ll contribute to:
Providing a range of efficient reception and administration tasks that ensures an outstanding level of customer service at all times.
Margot joined Queensland Airports Limited in 2022, and plays a pivotal role within the organisation as Receptionist. Margot shared her experience below:
“QAL provides a dynamic environment where I can leverage my adaptability and quick thinking to meet customers’ ever-changing needs. Every day I am excited about the opportunity to learn from different customer interactions, enhance my problem – solving skills and contribute to delivering exceptional service. QAL recognises their employees and in many ways shows appreciation for contributions. The QAL values are aligned with my values of inclusivity & diversity.”
Key capabilities required to perform the role:
- Experience in a service-based industry highly desirable
- Experience working in a reception and answering customer telephone & email inquiries a benefit
- Professional, responsible, with an approach that is service minded, positive and team oriented.
- Strong organisational, time, task, and priority management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal patiently and sympathetically with all stakeholders.
Key deliverables/responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the smooth running of reception, including answering phone or email queries, and being the first point of contact for those visiting the office.
- Provide general administration support such as accurate typing/emails, photocopying, binding, booking appointments, ordering catering and mail procedures
- Ensure stationery and office supplies are monitored, ordered, delivered, and distributed promptly.
- Build strong working relationships with internal and external
What we offer you?
This is an opportunity to be part of a progressive organisation with a great culture and assist in the transformation and growth of the business. Flexible working options are available for all employees. At QAL, we uphold the philosophy that the smooth integration of life and work benefits all. We call it ‘Living Well’.
QAL supports an inclusive approach and values diversity within the workplace. We aim to provide opportunities that allow individuals to reach their full potential regardless of their background, gender, age, work status, religious or cultural identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be required to adhere to QAL’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP, which includes pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing and have the ability to obtain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
Please obtain the Position Description by copying this location into your browser: https://qal.elmotalent.com.au/careers/QALcareers/jobs