Civil Engineer (Airports)
Brisbane / Gold Coast
Listed on 27 October 2022
Our Airports team play an important role in the Transport and Infrastructure sector of our business. Our team focuses on delivering civil engineering works in the following exciting areas: Runway, taxiway & apron alignment/geometry
- Airspace protection
- Aircraft pavement design
- Helicopter take-off & landing areas
- Noise studies
- Master Plans
- CUSS / CUTE systems
- Retail & concession planning
- Passenger flow modelling
- Baggage handling systems
- Airport & airfield operations
- Operational readiness
- Undertaking engineering design tasks including drawings and specifications under the guidance of our Airports Team Leader and other senior leaders within the business, with increasing complexity and challenge as your experience develops.
- Complete technical and feasibility studies and site investigations.
- Review and approve engineering drawings.
- Determine construction methods, materials and quality standards, and drafting and interpreting specifications, drawings, plans, construction methods and procedures.
- Think both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
- Perform complex and repetitive calculations.
- Ensure all relevant legislative requirements are met.
- Ensure that projects meet quality standards and are completed on time and within budget.
- Compile and check reports.
- Undertaking designs using Civil 3D or 12D, including geometric design, storm water, utilities and earthworks.
- Undertaking thorough report writing that is supported by technical knowledge in the area.
- Increasing your knowledge of business and operations including budget and revenue management.
- Demonstrating effective communication, presentation, networking and consulting skills.
- Actively work towards professional certification / registration.
- Bachelor degree or higher qualifications in engineering.
- Eligibility to be or a member of Engineers Australia.
- CPEng or willing to obtain chartered status.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar role.