Gold Coast Airport is owned and operated by Queensland Airports Limited (QAL). QAL is an accomplished airport operator which owns and operates Gold Coast, Townsville, Longreach and Mount Isa airports – connecting the Gold Coast and northern NSW, along with regional Queensland, to the rest of the country and beyond. We are an Australian-owned company with a vision to engage customers, connect communities and deliver exceptional experiences – and a commitment to delivering for the communities where we operate. QAL is formally recognised as a ‘Great Place to Work – Certified’ organisation – currently the only airport operator in Australia with this certification. QAL is dedicated to a target of net zero Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions by 2030. With strong passenger numbers, terminal upgrades underway – there has never been a better time to join QAL.
What you’ll contribute to:
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Environmental Advisor to join the Gold Coast Airport team.
This role is a permanent opportunity and will be reporting to and assisting the Environmental Manager- Systems, in achieving the airport’s objectives by developing and supporting environmentally sustainable practices and ensuring our key system improvements are met, instilling positive environmental attitudes and meeting our environmental obligations.
Peter, our talented Environment Manager – Systems, shares his experience working with GCA:
“I joined the team for a 3-month parental relief position and am still enjoying the positive work environment 5 years later. The team provides great support for its employees, including diverse career opportunities, internal transfers, flexible working arrangements and importantly an accepting culture that encourages a “can do” approach which is productive and satisfying.
Team members are valued with a great balance of work, personal care and fun through all levels of the company, fostering loyalty to the organisation. Maintaining a positive environment through the COVID experience is testament to senior management dedication to their workforce. I look forward daily to contributing to the business, working together to continually improve efficiencies in the environment field.”
We are looking for an experienced analytical, environmental professional who has excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will have a tertiary degree related to environment and at least 2 years of technical experience including data analysis, reporting, auditing, and water quality monitoring.
Key deliverables/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure implementation and compliance with environmental management requirements of the Master Plan including annual reporting to the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications and the Arts.
- Guiding and delivering the airports’ environmental plans, which under the Airport Act is required to submit and deliver on an approved Airport Environmental Strategy.
- Support the QAL HSE Manager for environmental management of projects such as reviewing and implementing project Environmental Management Plans for developments on the airport.
- Represent and promote the airport interests in forums and maintain positive and beneficial relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ensure records pertaining to environmental-related inductions, audits and inspections are managed and stored appropriately.
- Provide input and advice on sustainability options.
- Manage environmental consultancies & the environmental budget.
- Build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of others including the implementation of risk control measures within your control to prevent injuries or illnesses.
What we offer you?
This is an opportunity to be part of a progressive organisation with a great culture and assist in the transformation and growth of the business. Flexible working options are available for all employees. At QAL, we uphold the philosophy that the smooth integration of life and work benefits all. We call it ‘Living Well’.
QAL supports an inclusive approach and values diversity within the workplace. We aim to provide opportunities that allow individuals to reach their full potential regardless of their background, gender, age, work status, religious or cultural identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be required to adhere to QAL’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP, which includes pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing and have the ability to obtain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
Please obtain the Position Description by copying this location into your browser: https://qal.elmotalent.com.au/careers/QALcareers/jobs