Finance Officer Accounts Receivable
Queensland Airports Limited (QAL) is an accomplished airport operator which owns and operates Gold Coast, Townsville, Longreach and Mount Isa airports – connecting the Gold Coast and northern NSW, along with regional Queensland, to the rest of the country and beyond. We are an Australian-owned company with a vision to create valuable connections, inspire a sustainable future, and be the first-choice gateway for our regions – and a commitment to delivering for the communities where we operate. QAL is formally recognised as a ‘Great Place to Work – Certified’ organisation – currently the only airport operator in Australia with this certification. QAL is dedicated to a target of net zero Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions by 2030. With strong passenger numbers, terminal upgrades underway – there has never been a better time to join QAL.
What you’ll contribute to:
Reporting to the Accounts Supervisor, the Finance Officer – Accounts Receivable is responsible for the day-to-day cash management of the QAL group including debtor collection and customer invoicing.
The Finance Officer – Accounts Receivable will work in close cooperation with internal stakeholders to ensure consistency and best practice is achieved and maintained across transactional activities, proactively driving the ongoing improvement of business practices and performance.
Shandi-Lee joined Queensland Airports Pty Ltd (QAL) in 2022 as a Finance and Capital Accountant. Shandi-Lee shares her experience of working at QAL:
“At QAL I work with a diverse group of people who are committed to enhancing the customer experience for the Airport. We provide value to other departments, assisting decision making processes to enable better financial outcomes. The finance team works well together and has a great vibe – the team is very inclusive and motivating. There is also many opportunities to learn, and grow which provides a great work environment.
The company culture at QAL is great and is all about work/life balance. I really appreciate the flexibility offered at QAL, it’s a very modern way of working which I think is important. Everyone at QAL truly is friendly and strives to help others wherever they can.”
Key Capabilities Required to perform Role:
- Previous experience in a similar role (at least 5+ years bookkeeping and/or AR)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills.
- High level of computer literacy, Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Proficient user with financial systems.
- A strong understanding of financial concepts and reconciliations.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Key deliverables/responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the provision of an effective Accounts Receivable service, ensuring revenues are applied and reconciled accurately. Ensuring correct coding of invoicing and receipts within relevant systems
- Manage and monitor the Group’s doubtful and bad debts including liaising with collection agencies as required.
- Contribute to and role model a culture of high performance, professionalism and continuous improvement that encourages individuals and teams to identify opportunities and solutions to improve service delivery.
- Continuous improvement – streamline processes to create efficiencies.
- Co-operate with any reasonable policies and procedures of the QAL and associated entities including the reporting of hazards or incidents via the QAL reporting process
What we offer you?
This is an opportunity to be part of a progressive organisation with a great culture and assist in the transformation and growth of the business. Flexible working options are available for all employees. At QAL, we uphold the philosophy that the smooth integration of life and work benefits all. We call it ‘Living Well’.
QAL supports an inclusive approach and values diversity within the workplace. We aim to provide opportunities that allow individuals to reach their full potential regardless of their background, gender, age, work status, religious or cultural identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be required to adhere to QAL’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP, which includes pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing and have the ability to obtain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
Please obtain the Position Description by copying this location into your browser: https://qal.elmotalent.com.au/careers/QALcareers/jobs.