Sunshine Coast Airport is expanding with the Coast! Not only is Sunshine Coast Airport Australia’s first carbon neutral airport, it is also invested in achieving a sustainable future throughout our exciting expansion projects, following the completion of our Runway expansion which will position this region on the world stage in the near future.
We are now taking applications for passionate HSEC Officers to join our Crew in our Operations Team on a full-time, permanent basis, to commence in the new year.
Reporting to the Group Manager – HSEC, the HSEC Officers will support the delivery of the Organisation’s Environment and Safety Management Plans which establish the framework for the management of all environmental and safety aspects of Sunshine Coast Airport operations in accordance with legislation, objectives and actions through collaboration with internal and external airport stakeholders. This role plays a vital function for the success of airport operations by facilitating positive Safety, Quality and Environmental outcomes.
Our HSEC Officers will ideally have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Health, safety, environmental and quality compliance including developing and implementing systems, process, policies and procedures, reporting, auditing and creating actions for continuous improvement.
- Project and Development Compliance including assisting and supporting project teams with the development of compliance with CEMP’s and SMS plans.
- Driving a HSEC culture and awareness including working with various teams and departments to achieve collaboration and education on HSEC matters, as well as provide advice and guidance to managers and team members regarding HSEC related matters.
- Stakeholder relationship and management.
Our HSEC Officers will ideally have the following qualifications, skills and knowledge:
- Qualification in environmental or safety related fields.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Experience in Environmental, Quality and Safety Management Systems.
- Experience undertaking site inspections, identifying environmental and safety hazards and applying mitigation strategies.
- Knowledge of relevant Commonwealth and State Environmental and Workplace Health and Safety legislation.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder relationship management skills.
If this sounds like you and the thought of joining one of the fastest growing and top 10 airports in Australia excites you, then submit your resume and cover letter to the People and Performance Team.
Closing date for applications is 10 January 2023, shortlisted candidates will be contacted after this time. Sunshine Coast Airport would like to thank everyone for taking the time to apply for this role, however, due to the volume of applications, only those selected for the shortlist will be contacted.