- Are you interested in playing a pivotal role in shaping the future of a thriving aviation hub, fostering regional development, and building strategic partnerships?
- Want to live and be part of a community that cares about its surroundings, and the projects delivered?
About the role:
The Airport Manager oversees key relationships and regulatory requirements associated with the Whyalla Council airport operations, as a Tier 2 screening airport. As a senior leader, you will actively contribute to the strategic development, policy formulation and management of the airport operations.
This role reports directly to the Director Corporate Services and holds a pivotal position within the Corporate Directorate. With a forward-thinking approach, the Airport Manager will play a vital role in advancing regional development by fostering networks and services that enhance Whyalla Airport’s operations and promote business growth.
We are looking for a Manager who has the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in a business discipline or airport operations (or significant contemporary experience)
- Current ASIC Card (noting this encompasses a national police security check)
- Knowledge of Airport Security requirements and relevant legislation including a thorough knowledge of the Civil Aviation Authority Regulations and Practices and Aviation Transport Security Regulations
- Well-developed leadership, planning and management skills
- Customer-focused, accountable and responsive service delivery to customers, adapting style and service delivery where required
- Qualification as Airport Reporting and Works Safety Officer
- Demonstrated commitment to WHS and Risk Management
About the Whyalla City Council:
As a multifunctional regional Council, we manage Childcare services, a Library, an Airport, a Cemetery, a Crematorium, Infrastructure and recreational facilities including a Visitor Information Centre.
We are a progressive Council, committed to the pursuit of excellence and are always looking for opportunities to improve the quality of life for our community, now and into the future.
We stand by and embrace our core values in delivering each of our services: We Care, We Work Together, We are Committed and We Own It.
About the benefits:
- Company laptop + mobile phone supplied.
- Company vehicle available by negotiation
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development.
- Employee Assistance Program and wellbeing support.
- Commuting to work when living in Whyalla is no more than 15 minutes
For more information in relation to position responsibilities refer to the following:
For further information please click here
The remuneration for this role is as negotiated. As a Common Law contract with a maximum five (5) year contract.
- Applications must include a cover letter expanding on your suitability for this role, addressing the position criteria outlined in the Position Description in no more than three pages.
- Applications must include your current resume and must be submitted via Council’s recruitment portal. Scroll down (past the image below) to commence the application process. Please note, the application process will need to be completed in one session.
- Applications close 9.00am Wednesday 6 December 2023. Late applications will not be accepted.
The Whyalla City Council is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment free from discrimination and harassment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, youth, and people living with a disability. All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
The Whyalla City Council is committed to providing a smoke, drug, and alcohol-free safe work environment. Our recruitment process includes a medical assessment including a Drug and Alcohol screen, and confirmation of experience/qualifications and may also include competency testing.