Manager Armidale Regional Airport
Manager Armidale Regional Airport We have an unique opportunity for an experienced aviation operator to play a major role in enhancing the economic viability and liveability of Armidale region by managing one of its most important assets - the Armidale Regional Airport. The Armidale Regional Airport is proudly operated by Council and provides an integral transport hub for the region. Situated just seven kilometres from the city centre, it has undergone an exciting redevelopment, including an enviable and contemporary terminal design, apron extensions, security screening and a burgeoning Airside Business Park. It has annual passenger numbers in excess of 120,000 per annum with regular flights from its three RPT carriers to Sydney and Brisbane. The Airport is also home to an increasing number of significant aviation businesses who amplify the strategic importance and opportunity of the precinct to the New England region. About you The Manager role needs someone who is experienced and passionate about the aviation industry. You will need to have great communication skills for customer interfacing and team leadership along with previous experience in managing airports. Your strong business acumen will assist you as you in leading the commercial operations of the Airport, not only ensuring the delivery of a compliant operation, but helping Council realise its potential for future development of the precinct and the region. At the heart of how we work are our values of wellbeing, inclusion, commitment and transparency. The right person for the job is able to live these values, call out others where they aren't, and 'walk the talk'. This is non-negotiable. We want to hear about you! So in your application, tell us about…
- Why do you want to work at Armidale Regional Council?
- What makes you the best candidate for the role?
- Your qualifications and experience relevant to the role.
- Only the three questions above need to be addressed in your application, however your resume and cover letter will be assessed against the full list of Essential Criteria located within the Position Description located on our website.
- You will also be required to attach PDF copies of your Qualifications, Tickets & Accreditation to your application
- Salary from: $115,000 per annum + leaseback vehicle + superannuation based on a 70 hour fortnight. Relocation assistance is also available for the right candidate.
- Long service leave after 5 years
- Generous Leave Entitlements
- Gym discounts
- Please apply by 11.30 pm, Sunday 7 August 2022.
- If you require further information on the role, please contact Darren Schaefer - Acting Chief Officer Corporate & Community on 0436 950 555 for a confidential discussion.
- We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.