Queensland Airports Limited (QAL) is an accomplished airport operator which owns and operates Gold Coast, Townsville, Longreach and Mount Isa airports – connecting the Gold Coast and northern NSW, along with regional Queensland, to the rest of the country and beyond. We are an Australian-owned company with a vision to create valuable connections, inspire a sustainable future, and be the first-choice gateway for our regions – and a commitment to delivering for the communities where we operate. QAL is formally recognised as a ‘Great Place to Work – Certified’ organisation – currently the only airport operator in Australia with this certification. QAL is dedicated to a target of net zero Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions by 2030. With strong passenger numbers and terminal upgrades underway – there has never been a better time to join QAL.
What you’ll contribute to:
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting a wide range of marketing functions, including communications, advertising, branding, digital marketing, and social media for all Queensland Airports Limited Airports, including Gold Coast Airport, Townsville Airport, Mount Isa Airport and Longreach Airport.
Carly joined Queensland Airports Pty Ltd (QAL) in 2022 as a Strategic Communications Executive. Carly shares her unique experience of working at QAL:
“I enjoy working at QAL because every day is different. The aviation industry is a dynamic and face-paced working environment, and the team is passionate about what we do. Airports are exciting workplaces that facilitate valuable connections for people and communities and being a part of that is something I find really rewarding. I also love having the ability to work across QAL’s four airports, providing a valuable opportunity to foster connections with team members across all areas of the business as well as in the communities where we operate.”
Key Capabilities required to perform position:
- Bachelor degree in Tourism and/or Marketing/Communications.
- Experience in digital/visual media design, CMS platforms or marketing automation technology is desirable.
- Advanced computer skills – particularly in Microsoft Office including PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite including Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Organised multitasker able to handle many diverse projects at once and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience within the tourism industry/aviation and hospitality is advantageous.
Key deliverables/responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate merchandising requirements for QAL team and marketing activities.
- Assist in the creation of marketing materials such as signage, presentations and advertising, just to name a few.
- Assist in the planning and execution of marketing events, such as announcements, photo shoots or promotional activities.
- Proofread and edit content to ensure accuracy and adherence to brand guidelines.
- Ability to update content management system (CMS) development, deployment, and maintenance.
- Support the execution of Queensland Airports Limited’s social media strategy including scheduling organic and paid posts, monitoring performance, gathering insights to optimise for future campaigns and reporting.
- Provide accurate marketing and industry intelligence updates for monthly reports.
- Build strong working relationships with internal and external
- Provide general administrative support to the marketing department.
What we offer you?
This is an opportunity to be part of a progressive organisation with a great culture and assist in the transformation and growth of the business. Flexible working options are available for all employees. At QAL, we uphold the philosophy that the smooth integration of life and work benefits all. We call it ‘Living Well’.
QAL supports an inclusive approach and values diversity within the workplace. We aim to provide opportunities that allow individuals to reach their full potential regardless of their background, gender, age, work status, religious or cultural identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be required to adhere to QAL’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP, which includes pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing and have the ability to obtain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
Please obtain the Position Description by clicking here