Listed on 27 October 2022
Coffs Harbour Airport is the one of the largest and busiest regional airports in New South Wales and is the gateway to the beautiful Coffs Coast. With exciting expansion projects in the works, and the Airport itself experiencing rapid growth, now is the best time to join the Coffs Harbour Airport Team. Full-time permanent position Immediate Start Positive Team Environment About the Role: Reporting to the General Manager - Coffs Harbour Airport, the Operations Manager is responsible for complying with relevant government regulations and laws to ensure safe, secure and compliant airport operations. The Manager must also perform security and safety inspections, as well as maintaining detailed records of all operations. The Operations Manager is responsible for providing leadership to the Airport Operations team, including overseeing and managing day-to-day activities of the Airport Safety Officers and Terminal Services Officers tasks and responsibilities. The Operations Manager is also responsible for oversight of the performance of the Aviation Security Screening and Terminal Cleaning Service providers, facilities maintenance and environmental management service providers. The Operations Manager will establish where necessary reporting improvements in sustainable health, safety, security, environmental and quality assurance compliance providing advice to the General Manager – Coffs Harbour Airport to support and maintain a safe and healthy workplace and for adherence to company policies, legislation and regulations, and aviation standards. What our Operations Manager does, including but not limited to: Airport Safety, Security and Compliance
- Contribute positively to Coffs Harbour Airport’s statutory compliance, policies, strategy, business and operational plans, change management, business decision-making and all other leadership initiatives.
- Manage and coordinate all airfield operations’ functions including Safety, Security and Environment to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, policies, standards and practices – addressing any identified non-compliance issues to resolution.
- Provide advice regarding regulatory compliance issues, legislation and policies to the General Manager – Coffs Harbour Airport, including priorities and timeframes for requirements of legislation and policies to be implemented.
- Contribute significantly to the development, amendment and control of Airport operational documents such as the Aerodrome Manual, Transport Security Program, Airport Emergency Plan, Airport Environmental Plan, Safety Management System, Drug and Alcohol Management Plan, and other relevant documents.
- Conduct audits and reviews of Airport operational documents to ensure continuous compliance with standards and regulations.
- Provide day to day leadership of the Airport Operations Team ensuring a high performing, safety focused team with a continuous improvement culture in a strong regulatory based environment.
- Coordinate day to day management of staff, rosters and resourcing logistics to ensure adequate airside operations coverage and flexibility to adapt to capital works and business requirements.
- Provide day to day scope of works and direction to the maintenance of the Asset, both airside and landside.
- Assess and provide feedback with regards to required schedule of maintenance, utilising additional resources to achieve outcomes.
- Develop and manage a Workplace Health and Safety Operational Plan Monitor, maintain and report on contractor safety and compliance.
- Oversee and manage the Safety Committee.
- Manage incident reporting and investigations.
- Contribute to the emergency response and recovery activities of the organisation’s emergency management plan.
- Maintain HSEC compliance in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Relevant recognised tertiary qualifications and/or extensive experience in a similar leadership role in an audit and compliance environment and administering the requirements of airport related Air Navigation Regulations and Civil Aviation Safety
- Regulations and Aviation Transport Security Act and Regulations.
- Relevant qualifications in Air Navigation Regulations, Civil Aviation Safety Regulations, Aviation Transport Security Act, Work Health and Safety Act 2011, NSW Environmental Regulations or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a similar role, demonstrating a practical knowledge of procedural and operational methods for airports in the application and implementation of the statutory requirements.
- Ability to interpret and implement conditions contained in legislation pertaining to the aviation industry.
- Knowledge of non-aviation legislation which is applicable to airports eg Environmental, Workplace Health and Safety.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including SharePoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook.