Property Manager (Part Time Fixed Term)
Queensland Airports Limited (QAL) is an accomplished airport operator which owns and operates Gold Coast, Townsville, Longreach and Mount Isa airports connecting the Gold Coast and northern NSW, along with regional Queensland, to the rest of the country and beyond. We are an Australian-owned company with a vision to create valuable connections, inspire a sustainable future, and be the first-choice gateway for our regions and a commitment to delivering for the communities where we operate. QAL is formally recognised as a ‘Great Place to Work Certified’ organisation currently the only airport operator in Australia with this certification. QAL is dedicated to a target of net zero Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions by 2030. With strong passenger numbers, terminal upgrades underway there has never been a better time to join QAL.
Efficiently manage the Townsville, Mount Isa and Longreach Airports property portfolios, or other property portfolios as reasonably directed, in a manner that optimises value and revenue while maintaining positive relationships with the airport’s tenants.
This is a part-time fixed-term parental leave contract, as follows;
- 25 hours per week over 3 days, preferably Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Role commences Tuesday 16th January 2024, and ends Thursday 16th August 2024
Vanessa joined Queensland Airports Pty Ltd (QAL) and has been a part of the team within Property for 10+ Years. Vanessa shares her unique experience working at QAL below:
“I joined QAL for the career growth they offer and the people and culture that was and still is very welcoming. At QAL we have a strong company culture, our team share knowledge, communicate, and support each other.
Over my time I have built great relationships with our stakeholders which helps with the management of the portfolio. QAL provides me with security, inclusiveness, and the ability to grow within the company. It has been an exciting journey over the 10 years, the QAL portfolio has grown giving me exposure to other areas including development opportunities.”
Key Capabilities Required to Perform the role:
- Qualifications in property, commerce, or related disciplines, desirable but not essential
- Minimum 5 years commercial property experience
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the day-to-day property management and leasing functions and the relationship between property owner and tenant
- Excellent numerical, statistical, and graphical skills
- Real estate agents, salesperson or letting agents license desirable but not essential
Key deliverables/responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with external leasing agents, when appointed, to maximise tenancy occupancy, rental rates, and property values in line with approved Leasing Strategy
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of legal and regulatory requirements applicable to Airports and apply to property management activities as required
- Instruct and monitor QAL Assets and/or external contractors and service providers to attend to repair and maintenance items
- Work with the Finance team to prepare annual property revenue and expense budgets implement mitigation strategies with the Property Director
- Manage the administration for new and existing leases through the Progen lease maintenance system.
What we offer you?
This is an opportunity to be part of a progressive organisation with a great culture and assist in the transformation and growth of the business. Flexible working options are available for all employees. At QAL, we uphold the philosophy that the smooth integration of life and work benefits all. We call it ‘Living Well’.
QAL supports an inclusive approach and values diversity within the workplace. We aim to provide opportunities that allow individuals to reach their full potential regardless of their background, gender, age, work status, religious or cultural identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be required to adhere to QAL’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP, which includes pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing and have the ability to obtain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
Please obtain the Position Description by clicking here