Senior Airport Operations Officer
Listed on 17 May 2023
The SAOO is responsible for the management of 5 Airport Reporting Officers, as well as:
- ensuring compliance by all airport occupants and users with all regulatory requirements for both airports, including aviation security, safety and operating procedures;
- drafting, reviewing and obtaining Federal Government approval of mandatory airport documents, including the Transport Security Program, Aerodrome Manuals, Aerodrome Emergency Plans, Bird & Wildlife Management Plans, Method of Works Plans etc;
- filling the role of the Dept of Home Affairs approved Security Contract Officer (SCO) for Hervey Bay airport;
- drafting and/or approving and monitoring conditions of use of the airports for events (Wings & Wheels);
- writing formal responses to CASA on applications for use of UAVs; release of balloons etc near the airports; and
- drafting and obtaining CASA approval on business cases for exemptions, formal responses to Non-Compliance Notices following audits etc.
The SAOO must have (or have had):
- Airport Reporting Officer (ARO) qualifications and experience;
- Air Radio Licence / Certificate;
- ASIC clearance;
- Class C Driver’s Licence; and
- Suitable experience in managing staff and contractors.
The successful applicant will:
- Be able to provide an overview of their understanding of and experience with the legislation, regulations and standards which govern Airport operations, and the organisations which govern these;
- Be able to outline experience in being solely responsible for writing and reviewing Transport Security Programs, Aerodrome Manuals, Wildlife Management Plans and other documents for an airport, and how you ensured compliance with relevant legislation and policies;
- Be able to outline their understanding of and ensuring compliance with ‘MOS 139’; and
- Be able to articulate their experience overseeing a major airside project.
Please note this role has been retained exclusively by Steve Smith, Senior Associate at u&u Recruitment Partners and any agency applications received by our client will be referred directly to u&u. For more information visit: https://www.seek.com.au/job/67528977