Strategic Communications Executive
Who is QAL?
Queensland Airports Limited (QAL) is an accomplished airport operator which owns and operates Gold Coast, Townsville, Longreach and Mount Isa airports – connecting the Gold Coast and northern NSW, along with regional Queensland, to the rest of the country and beyond. We are an Australian-owned company with a vision to engage customers, connect communities and deliver exceptional experiences – and a commitment to delivering for the communities where we operate. QAL is formally recognised as a ‘Great Place to Work – Certified’ organisation – currently the only airport operator in Australia with this certification. QAL is dedicated to a target of net zero Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions by 2030. With strong passenger numbers and terminal upgrades underway – there has never been a better time to join QAL.
What you’ll contribute to:
We currently have an exciting full-time opportunity for an enthusiastic Strategic Communications Executive to join the Gold Coast team.
Reporting directly to the General Manager of Strategic Communications, the successful applicant will be responsible for managing media relations and social media, contributing to stakeholder engagement activities, while also coordinating sponsorships, events, and internal communications.
Vanessa has been a member of the property team for 10+ years and shares her unique experience working with QAL:
“At QAL, I work with a diverse group of people who are committed to enhancing the customer experience for the Airport. We make a difference by praising good work and assisting/supporting each other. QAL gives me the security, inclusiveness and ability to grow with my team and the wider organisation.
I joined QAL for career growth and its welcoming company culture. It has been an exciting journey over my 10 years and QAL with significant growth giving me exposure to other areas including development opportunities.”
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience in a similar position and have completed an undergraduate degree in a Humanities related field. Journalism or media experience will be highly regarded. The successful individual will be highly proactive, a team player, and have great interpersonal skills. Outstanding time management and the ability to balance and prioritise multiple priorities at once are a must. Administration skills such as creating reports, filing, organising agendas, and completing purchase orders are preferred.
Key deliverables/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and lead the rollout of a proactive media plan, manage relationships with key media and coordinate responses to media enquiries
- Preparation and distribution of daily media clippings to the management and board
- Research and develop stakeholder engagement programs to support QAL’s business objectives
- Play a key role in issues and crisis response
- Work with the marketing team to plan and leverage communication activities around marketing initiatives and campaigns
- Coordination and implementation of the QAL group sponsorship portfolio and Community Benefit Fund
- Coordinate the production of the Annual Report, working closely with Marketing
- Ensure QAL databases of key stakeholders (government, media and industry) remain updated and correct
- Maintain effective communication with airline and relevant tourism industry communication representatives
- Comply with any reasonable instruction in relation to WHS by the Company
What we offer you?
This is an opportunity to be part of a progressive organisation with a great culture and assist in the transformation and growth of the business. Flexible working options are available for all employees. At QAL, we uphold the philosophy that the smooth integration of life and work benefits all. We call it ‘Living Well’.
QAL supports an inclusive approach and values diversity within the workplace. We aim to provide opportunities that allow individuals to reach their full potential regardless of their background, gender, age, work status, religious or cultural identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be required to adhere to QAL’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP, which includes pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing and have the ability to obtain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
Please obtain the Position Description by copying this location into your browser: https://qal.elmotalent.com.au/careers/QALcareers/job