Technical & Compliance Advisor
The Australian Airports Association (AAA) is seeking to engage the services of a suitably qualified and experienced individual to fulfill the role of Technical & Compliance Advisor to our member airports.
The AAA is the national voice that represents the interests of more than 340 airports and aerodromes Australia wide – from the local country community landing strip to major international gateway airports.
Our airport members represent vital infrastructure crucial to the communities in which they operate and for the overall national economy.
The services will be undertaken as part of a contract/consultant arrangement, whereby the AAA engages an individual or business to provide services in compliance with applicable legislation.
The Technical & Compliance Advisor will focus on:
- responding to the needs of small and regional aerodromes and providing high quality advice on aerodrome standards, compliance and technical issues.
- coordinating and managing a number of research/technical working groups, as well as taking a leading role in a number of proactive industry development initiatives.
- management of current and future technical papers and research.
- maintaining relationships with key agencies e.g., CASA, the Department of Infrastructure, and Airservices Australia.
The Technical & Compliance Advisor will:
- have a sound working knowledge of Part 139 Manual of Standards – Aerodromes requirements.
- have an ability to understand regulatory standards and translate them to real world applications.
- understand how airports fit within the broader aviation ecosystem.
- be able to effectively manage multiple (internal and external) stakeholders by building and maintaining strong working relationships,
- have highly developed time management skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- be self-motivated and performance driven with excellent interpersonal skills.
- be conscientious and a critical thinker.
The intention is for the successful applicant to be engaged part-time (1-2 days per week), by contract/consultant arrangement – compliant with applicable legislation.
The Technical & Compliance Advisor will report to Senior Manager – Workforce Strategy & Development.
Please submit your Expression of Interest via Seek.
For further information, please contact Sam Leighton 02 6230 1110