Airport Services Officer
Jandakot Airport Holdings Pty Ltd requires a motivated Airport Services Officer (ASO) to be part of a small team that is responsible for the secure and safe operation of the Jandakot Airport airfield. Please note that a large part of this role involves manual labor.
As an Airport Services Officer you will be required to perform repairs and maintenance of services associated with the airfield operations, including pavements, markings, lighting, drains, aircraft wash-down facilities and wind direction indicators. Experience with light and heavy plant operation, turf reticulation, welding and/or mechanical equipment is highly regarded.
To be considered for this position, applicants must be able and willing to work outdoors, undertake manual labor, and hold a valid C Class manual drivers license.
Previous experience as an airport reporting officer, working knowledge and a sound understanding of aviation legislation, computer and literacy skills, First Aid certification, a HR Licence, and a Firearm Licence Category C are all highly regarded.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 6:30-15:00 during the standard roster (3 weeks out of every 4 weeks). The rotating on-call Duty Reporting Officer roster (7 days on in every 4 weeks) involves working 11:00-20:00 Monday to Friday and 06:00-10:30 on weekends, with some after-hours required. Please do not apply if you are unable to satisfy this requirement.
Candidates must be able to pass pre-employment and ongoing (random) Drug & Alcohol Screening Tests in accordance with Part 99 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations. Please do not apply if you are unable to satisfy this requirement.
To apply, please click the “apply now” button below and ensure you provide a cover letter and copy of your CV. Applications close 6 December 2023.
Please note that interviews may commence prior to the application closing date.
Position Title: Airport Services Officer (ASO)
- Responsible for the secure and safe operation of the airfield in accordance with the Aerodrome Manual, relevant standards and legislation.
- Conduct, record and report daily serviceability inspections and maintenance of the aerodrome infrastructure in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Perform Works Safety Officer during works as directed.
- Perform urgent and/or minor repairs and maintenance of services associated with the airfield operations, including pavements, markings, lighting, drains, aircraft wash-down facilities and wind indicators.
- Conduct regular hazard inspections and carry out bird and animal control measures.
- Record and report daily aircraft parking.
- Perform role of Duty Reporting Officer on a rotational roster (7 days on in every month), being the on-call first response for all safety, security and operational issues occurring within the airfield. This includes the completion of daily inspections (including weekends and public holidays within those 7 days).
- Liaison with Air Traffic Control, airport users, tenants and contractors.
- Maintain irrigation system and undertake grass slashing of open areas within the airfield.
- Operate plant and machinery as required (and if able and competent): mower, line-trimmer, spray equipment, line marking equipment, bob cat, tractor, sweeper, emergency generator set, hand tools.
- Act as first response and provide assistance for aerodrome emergencies in accordance with the Aerodrome Emergency Plan.
- Ensure compliance of the requirements specified in the Aerodrome Manual, CASA directives and Manual of Standards 139 – Aerodrome regarding the serviceability and safety of the Airport’s airfield facilities.
- Assist with audits and associated documentation and reporting.
- Conduct risk assessments and take corrective action to report and eliminate hazards in the workplace.
- Undertake other duties as directed, consistent with skills, competence and training.
- Have, or be able to complete, appropriate competency training as an Aerodrome Reporting Officer (including Works Safety Officer) and Aeronautical Radiotelephone Operator Certificate of Proficiency.
- C Class manual drivers licence.
- Have, or be able to complete, Senior First Aid.
- Ability to undertake manual labour.
- Pass pre-employment and ongoing (random) Drug & Alcohol Screening Tests in accordance with Part 99 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations.
- Computer and literacy skills
- Previous experience as an airport reporting officer
- Working knowledge and a sound understanding of aviation legislation (Civil Aviation Safety Regulations and MOS Part 139)
- HR Licence.
- Firearm Licence Category C.
- Light and heavy plant operation.
- Mechanic / Electrician