AAA Aeronautical Ground Lighting Technical Working Group
The purpose of the TWG is to review existing, and where appropriate consider and/or recommend and communicate new or existing Airport and Aerodrome technical processes, procedures, and standards with regards to infrastructure, equipment, and those things necessary for an airport and aerodrome to meet expectations placed upon it both airside and landside, or for the facility to be serviceable from a regulatory point of view.
Customer Experience Working Group
The purpose of the Customer Experience Working Group is to review current trends in airport customer experience and approaches to benefit the airport industry. The Customer Experience Working Group supports the strategic direction of airports in the region and monitors the success of the implementation of customer experience driven initiatives.
Emergency Management Committee
The purpose of the AAA Emergency Management Committee (EMC) to review existing, and where appropriate consider and/or recommend the development of new strategies and arrangements to address the current emergency response and disaster management risks to Airport Operations. The AAA EMC also engages with the AAA membership on matters of Emergency Exercise Planning, Exercises, report backs and related matters.
Pavements Technical Working Group
The purpose of the Pavements Technical Working Group (PTWG) is to review existing, and where appropriate consider and/or recommend and communicate new or existing Aerodrome technical processes, procedures, and standards with regards to airfield pavements for an aerodrome to meet expectations placed upon it both airside and landside, or for the facility to be serviceable from a regulatory point of view.
Regional Airport Security Committee
The purpose of the AAA Regional Airports Security Committee (RASC) is to provide a mechanism for collaboration, sharing of information, and working with Government and Industry on matters of importance to Regional Aviation Security.
The group discusses and considers all matters that relate to aviation security and the role that the RASC can facilitate to assist, shape, lobby or influence a desired outcome.
Small Regional Aerodrome Networking Group
The purpose of the AAA Small Regional Aerodromes Networking Group is to provide an avenue and venue for regional aerodromes to gather, network and discuss issues facing their operation.
Wildlife Hazard Management Working Group
The AAA Wildlife Working Group (WWG) is to review existing, and where appropriate consider and/or recommend and communicate new or existing Airport and Aerodrome technical processes, procedures, and standards with regards to aviation wildlife hazard management.
Women in Airports Committee
The purpose of the Women in Airports is to establish a community for women in the airport sector to network, share content and work-on issues ranging from the state of play of women in the airport industry, career development, gender quality, and developing leadership skills.
Young Airport Professionals Committee
The Young Airport Professional Committee (YAPC) will focus on attracting, connecting and educating young airport professionals to/in the airport industry.
The YAPC creates a platform for young professionals to share best practice ideas and collaborate on challenges facing the airport industry, in both their local environments and the broader airport industry.
AAA Part 139 MOS Technical Working Group
The purpose of the AAA Part 139 MOS Technical Working Group is to ensure:
- regular and dynamic review of the safety standards
- the ongoing viability of Australia’s aviation industry by assisting to draft and review technical guidance and safety standards that are fit for purpose.
- information sharing and collaboration with the Civil Aviation Safety Authority.
- attendance at and constructive contribution to the AAA facilitated bi-annual ILMs.
External Committees and Working Groups
The AAA represents the interests of the airports across a broad range of external Committees and Working Groups, including:
- Australasian Aviation Wildlife Hazard Group – Executive Group
- Aerodrome Safety Networking G roup – Melbourne Airport
- Royal Aeronautical Society
- Australian Industry Standards, Industry Reference Committee – Aviation
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority
- National Runway Safety Group
- NOTAM Working Group
- Global Reporting Format Working Group
- Aviation Strategic Advisory Panel
- SBAS Working Group
- Airservices Australia – Australian Strategic Air Traffic Management Group
- Bureau of Meteorology – Aviation Industry Working Group
- Department of Home Affairs
- National Passenger Facilitation Committee
- Future Traveller Working Group
- Aviation/Regional Security Advisory Forums
- Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development
- Aviation Policy Group
- National Accessible Transport Taskforce
- Aviation Access Forum