Aerodrome Reporting and Maintenance Officer
Who are we?
Queensland Airports Limited (QAL) is an accomplished airport operator which owns and operates Gold Coast, Townsville, Longreach and Mount Isa airports – connecting the Gold Coast and northern NSW, along with regional Queensland, to the rest of the country and beyond. We are an Australian-owned company with a vision to engage customers, connect communities and deliver exceptional experiences – and a commitment to delivering for the communities where we operate. With passenger numbers returning to normal levels and terminal upgrades underway, there has never been a better time to join QAL.
What you’ll contribute to:
The purpose of this role is to ensure the aviation safety and security integrity of the Mount Isa Airport and effectiveness of service provided to customers.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Ensure the safe and secure operation of the airside environment in accordance with relevant regulations and company SOPs
- Audit, enforce and report on safety and security issues at the airport
- Conduct serviceability inspections of the movement areas/lighting in accordance with the requirements of the Aerodrome Manual and MOS 139 and maintain the integrity of movement area and OLS surfaces
- Conduct regular patrols and surveillance airside on airport in accordance with the requirements of the Aerodrome Manual and TSP
- Investigate and monitor safety and security breaches and initiate appropriate actions
- Identify and attend to customer requirements in an effective and timely manner
- Provide airside vehicle escorts as required.
- Contribute to Airport Emergency Response by way of but not limited to:
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the Emergency Response Program
- Maintain awareness of the Airport Emergency Plan and emergency procedures
- Ensure that the Emergency Response equipment is fully serviceable and that consumables are not time expired.
Skills & experience we are looking for:
- Certificate III Aviation (Aerodrome Ground Operations)
- Experience in providing a range of emergency, security and safety services
- Experience in a highly regulated environment
- A minimum of 5 years appropriate experience in a similar environment
- Training experience in airside operations
- Good written and verbal skills
- Good problem solving, decision making and negotiation skills
- Good organisational, time, task, planning and priority management skills
- General computer literacy (Word, Excel, Internet, Email)
- Current Drivers Licence
What we offer you?
This is an opportunity to be part of a progressive organization with a great culture and assist in the transformation and growth of the business. Flexible working options are available for all employees. At QAL, we uphold the philosophy that the smooth integration of life and work benefits all. We call it Living Well.
The successful candidate will be required to adhere to QAL’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP, which includes pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing, and have the ability to obtain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
If interested, please apply today via seek or for more information including Position Description please visit the QAL careers page.
For more information regarding the PD please refer to our Careers page.