Aerodrome Reporting & Maintenance Officer
Who are we?
Mt Isa Airport is owned and operated by Queensland Airports Limited (QAL). QAL is an accomplished airport operator which owns and operates Gold Coast, Townsville, Longreach and Mount Isa airports – connecting the Gold Coast and northern NSW, along with regional Queensland, to the rest of the country and beyond. We are an Australian-owned company with a vision to engage customers, connect communities and deliver exceptional experiences – and a commitment to delivering for the communities where we operate. With passenger numbers returning to normal levels and terminal upgrades underway, there has never been a better time to join QAL.
What you’ll contribute to:
An exciting opportunity has recently become available for an experienced Aerodrome Reporting and Maintenance Officer (ARMO) to join our Mount Isa Aviation team.
The purpose of this role is to ensure the aviation safety and security integrity of the Mount Isa Airport and effectiveness of service provided to customers.
Shaun has been a member of the Aviation team for 5+ Years and shares his unique experience working with QAL.
“At QAL, I work with a diverse group of people who are committed to enhancing the Safety and Security of the Airport. We make a difference by maintaining operational support to our stakeholders, practicing effective wildlife hazard management and policing our apron to ensure the safety of those who travel. QAL provides extensive opportunities to grow and apply yourself to the constant changing world of aviation. It has been an exciting journey over my 7 years with QAL. I joined QAL with no experience and I got the professional training and support to establish a professional career. It has provided me with the exposure to all areas of aviation and the opportunity of career advancement in the diverse areas of the aviation field”.
How you will make an impact?
- Ensure the safe and secure operation of the airside environment in accordance with relevant regulations and company SOPs
- Audit, enforce and report on safety and security issues at the airport
- Conduct serviceability inspections of the movement areas/lighting in accordance with the requirements of the Aerodrome Manual and MOS 139 and maintain the integrity of movement area and OLS surfaces
- Conduct regular patrols and surveillance airside on airport in accordance with the requirements of the Aerodrome Manual and TSP
- Investigate and monitor safety and security breaches and initiate appropriate actions
- Identify and attend to customer requirements in an effective and timely manner
- Provide airside vehicle escorts as required.
- Contribute to Airport Emergency Response by way of but not limited to:
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the Emergency Response Program
- Maintain awareness of the Airport Emergency Plan and emergency procedures
- Ensure that the Emergency Response equipment is fully serviceable and that consumables are not time expired.
Skills & experience we are looking for:
- Good written and verbal skills
- Good problem solving, decision making and negotiation skills
- Good organisational, time, task, planning and priority management skills
- General computer literacy (Word, Excel, Internet, Email)
- Current Drivers Licence
We are looking for an energetic and committed person with current Aerodrome Reporting Officer qualifications and experience working airside in an operations role. Knowledge of Aviation Regulations (Aviation Transport Security Regulations 2005 and the CASA Manual of Standards) will be highly regarded. Candidates must possess a current Driver’s Licence, Radio Operator’s Licence, a Firearms Licence (Categories A and B), and have the ability to obtain an Authority to Drive Airside (category 4N) and an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
The successful applicant will have good organisational, time, task, planning and priority management skills. As well as general computer literacy in Word, Excel, the Internet and email. Good problem solving and decision making coupled with excellent verbal communication and written skills will see the right candidate be a success.
What we offer you?
This is an opportunity to be part of a progressive organization with a great culture and assist in the transformation and growth of the business. At QAL, we uphold the philosophy that the smooth integration of life and work benefits all. We call it Living Well.
The successful candidate will be required to adhere to QAL’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP, which includes pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing, and have the ability to obtain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
If you are interested in this role, please click on the apply button and if you would like to explore in more detail the key responsibilities, please obtain the role description at www.qldairports.com.au or click HERE