Airport Services Officer
The Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley is an extraordinarily beautiful and sparsely populated area in the northeast corner of Western Australia (WA), and is known as one of the world’s last wilderness frontiers. As a global tourism attraction, it is also known for its pristine kaleidoscope of colour, outback adventures, world class fishing, luxury accommodation, great food and friendly locals, and is an amazing and very unique part of Australia. The East Kimberley Regional Airport is just outside of Kununurra and is the main air hub for the East Kimberley, it facilitates direct flights from Perth, Darwin and Broome operated by Virgin Australia and Air North. Private flights and charters also fly into the Airport, along with locally operated helicopters, light planes and sea planes.
A unique opportunity has arisen to join the Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley in the role of Airport Service Officer. The Airport Service Officer plays an integral role in the Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley’s Airport Services team. You will be responsible for providing passenger and baggage screening services at the airport. You will be part of an enthusiastic, committed and customer focused team which builds strong relationships with internal stakeholders. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Passenger & checked baggage screening utilising X- Ray Technology
- Manage screening at the security checkpoint utilising body scanners, metal detectors and explosive trace detecting equipment.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of terminal facilities.
- Providing a high level of customer services
The full package (based on full time hours, not including penalties) will be between $81,309 – $85,252 (depending on experience) per annum, applicants seeking a part time role are encouraged to apply.
We are seeking individuals who have a passion for team work to become part of our Airport Services team and able to positively engage with passengers from diverse cultures, nationalities and backgrounds. If you share the vision of being part of a thriving community with opportunities for all and can demonstrate the skills below and meet the selection criteria in the position description, we welcome your application.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High level of verbal communication skills demonstrating effective and appropriate communication with a broad range of people.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service in a complex environment;
- Experience of working in highly regulated environments;
- Experience in the operation of screening equipment;
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and be as part of a team;
- Ability to deal with conflict and achieve resolution;
- Ability to sustain concentration level for periods;
- Ability to undertake cleaning airport facilities;
- Ability to work split shifts over a 7-day rotating roster
A full position description can be found at www.swek.wa.gov.au
This position is not eligible for assistance with seeking housing. Applicants are strongly advised to make themselves aware of the accommodation situation in Kununurra prior to submitting an application. However, if you are relocating to Kununurra, the Shire will pay a reasonable amount toward relocation costs.
Working for The Shire:
Working for the Shire means you will also enjoy:
- Competitive salary packages
- Additional Annual leave (6 weeks) and Leave Loading
- Salary sacrifice options for rent or mortgage interest
- Discounted membership to the Kununurra Leisure Centre and Wyndham Pool
- Employer Matched Superannuation options
- Shire branded work clothing
- Health and Wellbeing Program which includes annual flu vaccinations and skin checks
- Opportunities for professional development and training
- Employee Assistance Program
- 11 Public Holidays, 2 local Government days and ability for rostered days off
- Living in one of Australia’s most sought after holiday destinations
- Living in a pristine environment amongst a very supportive community
*Note – the requirement for ‘female applicants only’ is in accordance with section 27 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 and is due to the position incumbent being required to perform searches of the clothing or bodies of East Kimberley Regional Airport patrons where necessary.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley, values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, diverse cultures and backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTIQ+, and all age groups to apply.
How to Apply
If you are ready to be part of our diversely talented team to build your future with an organisation that makes an impact, improves lives and inspires others please apply via Seek.com.au, www.Swek.wagov.au or contact Brendan Retter, the Shire’s Coordinator Airport Security and Compliance on (08) 9166 2502 for a confidential discussion.