Listed on 27 October 2022
Coffs Harbour Airport is the one of the largest and busiest regional airports in New South Wales and is the gateway to the beautiful Coffs Coast. With exciting expansion projects in the works, and the Airport itself experiencing rapid growth, now is the best time to join the Coffs Harbour Airport Team. Full-time permanent position Immediate Start Positive Team Environment About the role: Reporting to the General Manager Coffs Harbour Airport, the Commercial Officer is responsible for overseeing all commercial functions for Coffs Harbour Airport. Key responsibilities for the role will include developing and maintaining relationships with both current and prospective tenants for the existing property, advertising, retail, parking and ground transport services contracts as well as all administration, budgeting and financial reporting. The role employs sound commercial judgement and asset management principles to achieve desired outcomes to support and to eliminate or mitigate the risks Coffs Harbour Airport has as a direct property owner. This role will also collaborate and align with the Agilis Group Shared Services to work in collaboration to achieve efficient outcomes with consideration with the wider Group's strategies. What our Commercial Officer does, including but not limited to: Property Management
- Prepare, administer, monitor and review all contracts, licences and lease arrangements associated with the Airport, ensuring all documents are in accordance with the contractual arrangements, applicable legislation and with the relevant corporate standards, and expectations to maximise performance.
- Responsible for the leasing of the existing portfolio vacancies across CHA, including sourcing tenants, negotiation of lease terms, and completion of lease documentation and disclosures consistent with the group.
- Coordinate the day-to-day requirements of property tenants, including stakeholder queries and associated administration, sub-lease assignments, lease and licence renewals and rental reviews of all commercial contracts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all existing ground transport services to effectively coordinate the administration of the airport's ground transport portfolio. This includes car rental companies, bus and transfer businesses together with taxi and ride share companies:
- Ensure all annual contractual obligations relating to the Car Rental desk licences are being adhered to, including annual price escalations and minimum guarantee reconciliations where applicable.
- Management of the ground transport bus and transfer business including allocation of permits where applicable and ensuring all operators remain compliant of the terms of these permits.
- Management of the taxi and rideshare companies about pricing and ground transport contracts.
- Optimise existing terminal retail through lease agreements and new retail products.
- Responsible for maximising the return on all commercial advertising on airport including outdoor advertising and within the terminal precincts.
- Bachelor’s degree in property, valuation, commerce or similar is desirable but not essential for this role.
- Experience equivalent to 3-5 years’ minimum in a commercial or retail property management role.
- Demonstrated business, commercial, and financial acumen.
- Demonstrated experience of successful negotiation with evidence of innovative thinking, persuasive and influential negotiating skills, and strategic planning.
- A sound understanding of commercial property markets.
- A strong working knowledge of legal and contract issues relevant to lease documentation.
- An unwavering commitment to honest and fair dealings in all commercial leasing transactions.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to good processes.