Membership and Administration Officer
Overview of the AAA
The Australian Airports Association (AAA) is a peak industry body founded in 1982 representing the interests of more than 340 airports and aerodromes across Australia, from regional landing strips to major international gateway airports. The AAA also has more than 150 corporate members who provide services to the airport sector.
The AAA’s vision is to support “A thriving, sustainable aviation sector for our members”. The AAA achieves this through advancing the interests of members by acting as the national voice for airports on a range of policy and regulatory matters including safety, security, sustainability, competition, and infrastructure development.
Overview of the role
The Membership and Administration Officer is a new role and reports to the Director – Member Engagement. The role also supports a range of other positions across the organisation. There are 3 main elements to the role – membership administration, event administration support and daily financial administration.
This role is critical to the member engagement function of the AAA. It is integral to the overarching maintenance of the customer database and involves active engagement with our members. Member engagement is expected to account for approximately 50% of the role.
Events play a significant role in the AAA’s engagement with our members. This role supports the delivery of the event program under the guidance of the Senior Manager – Events and Partnerships. Event administration support is expected to account for approximately 20% of the role.
Working with the finance team the role involves a range of day-to-day finance activities, in particular billing for event attendance and annual membership renewals. Finance support is expected to account for approximately 30% of the role.
Overall, the position requires a highly organised individual with strong administration skills, an eye for detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks, working to tight deadlines in a small team.
The role is based in Canberra and will require some domestic travel and working outside of normal business hours, from time to time.
- Member engagement via responding to, processing, managing and analysing membership enquiries.
- Being the primary contact to assist members in queries related to the AAA’s online education offering, including bulk enrollments, general queries and purchasing assistance.
- General oversight of the customer database – focussing on completeness, accuracy, and maintenance of member records. Data entry is required.
- Provide administrative and practical support to the Senior Manager – Events and Partnerships and the finance team.
- Assist with onsite coordination at key events across the year.
- Assist with the monthly staff credit card process.
- Issue and process invoices, in a timely manner, for event attendance and education courses.
- Assist with day-to-day tasks such as accounts payable, accounts receivable and month end financial processes.
Skills and knowledge requirements – essential
- 1-2 years’ experience working in an office environment with a diverse range of administration support experience.
- Experience working with and managing a customer database (CRM).
- Effective and clear communicator with excellent customer service experience, in-person, and phone.
- Intermediate technology competency in MS Office with capacity to learn a range of platforms and applications.
- Availability to work and attend planned events outside of normal business hours.
- Experience in basic finance functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit cards and reconciliations.
- Ability to prioritise and complete tasks efficiently.
- Flexible and resilient under pressure.
- Enthusiastic and proactive attitude.
Skills and knowledge requirements – desirable
- Prior experience in an industry association or similar will be highly regarded.
- Experience using Xero.
- Playing a supporting role in event organisation and using an events management system.
- Experience delivering online education.
- IT coding, data analytics or data automation.
- Knowledge or experience in the aviation industry.
To apply click here.
Applications close on 5pm, Friday 10 March 2023. Only short-listed applicants will be personally contacted.