Coffs Harbour Airport is one of the largest and busiest regional airports in New South Wales and is the gateway to the beautiful Coffs Coast. With exciting expansion projects in the works, and the Airport itself experiencing rapid growth, now is the best time to join the Coffs Harbour Airport team.
We are now taking applications for an Operations Manager to join our Coffs Harbour Airport team, on a full-time basis, to commence as soon as possible.
Reporting to the General Manager – Coffs Harbour Airport, the Operations Manager is responsible for complying with relevant government regulations and laws to ensure safe, secure and compliant airport operations. The Operations Manager must also perform security and safety inspections, as well as maintaining detailed records of all operations. The Operations Manager is responsible for providing leadership to the Airport Operations team, including overseeing and managing day-to-day activities of the Airport Safety Officers’ and Terminal Services Officers’ tasks and responsibilities.
The Operations Manager is also responsible for oversight of the performance of the Aviation Security Screening and Terminal Cleaning Service providers, facilities maintenance and environmental management service providers. The Operations Manager will establish where necessary reporting improvements in sustainable health, safety, security, environmental and quality assurance compliance providing advice to the General Manager – Coffs Harbour Airport to support and maintain a safe and healthy workplace and for adherence to company policies, legislation and regulations, and aviation standards.
Our Operations Manager will ideally have demonstrated experience in the following areas, as these are some of the objectives of the role:
- Airport safety, security and compliance including applying Airport statutory obligations to airside, landside and terminal operations; management of airfield, terminal and environmental functions to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements; act as a trusted advisor on compliance matters, including determining priorities and timeframes for implementation of legislative requirements; as well as experience in developing, contributing to and establishment of policies, business and operational plans, strategies for business decision-making, and leadership initiatives.
- Team leadership including providing day to day leadership of teams, demonstrating a high-performing, safety-focused team.
- Continuous improvement reviews and actions.
- Asset Maintenance including overseeing the day to day scope of works and providing feedback on schedules, resourcing and asset end of life.
- Improving health, safety and environmental management including developing SMP’s and EMP’s; overseeing contractor inductions and compliance; and contributing to Emergency response and recovery activities.
Our Operations Manager will ideally have the following demonstrated skills, qualifications and knowledge:
- Relevant recognised tertiary qualifications and/or extensive experience in a similar leadership role in an audit and compliance environment and administering the requirements of airport related Air Navigation Regulations and Civil Aviation Safety Regulations and Aviation Transport Security Act and Regulations.
- Relevant qualifications in Air Navigation Regulations, Civil Aviation Safety Regulations, Aviation Transport Security Act, Work Health and Safety Act 2011, NSW Environmental Regulations or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a similar role, demonstrating a practical knowledge of procedural and operational methods for airports in the application and implementation of the statutory requirements.
- Ability to interpret and implement conditions contained in legislation pertaining to the aviation industry.
- Knowledge of non-aviation legislation which is applicable to airports eg Environmental, Workplace Health and Safety.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including SharePoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
If this sounds like you and the thought of joining a fast growing regional Airport excites you, then submit your application by selecting the Apply button and providing a resume and cover letter to the People and Performance Team.
Coffs Harbour Airport is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support applications from individuals from all backgrounds, and are committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Closing date for applications is 25 March 2023, shortlisted candidates may be contacted during and after this time. Coffs Harbour Airport would like to thank all applicants for taking the time to apply for this role, however, due to the volume of applications, only those selected for the shortlist will be contacted.